Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Remembering My Uncle Tolen

 My Uncle Tolen passed away over the weekend. He was one of the most caring, loving, and loyal individuals I’ve ever known. A civil engineer, he was also an accomplished classical guitarist. I know he, my mom, and my Aunt Chela are together again, sitting at God’s dinner table, and laughing up a storm. 

When I was in high school, we visited my grandmother, Nane, in Monterrey. I remember walking into her apartment and seeing a photograph of her and me … at least I thought it was me. I told her I didn’t remember posing for the photo, and she explained it was my uncle at age 8 or 9. The resemblance was remarkable. 

Tolen, your family and friends will miss you fiercely. We will grieve, and eventually move on. But you will always be in our hearts and minds, forever. Rest In Peace. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment! Please do not take it personally if it takes me a while to review and approve (or not approve) your comment.

Random Photo - Spring Valley DART Station (Richardson, Texas)

 Anyone lose a hot pepper?